Joe's Tech Review

The most up to date Tech news and Reviews by the PEOPLE!

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Today I tried and also succeeded to connect my watchphone to the "Flashtool" software. I've checked the memory test stuff there everything was fine, but after I disconnected the phone got bricked, it wont start no matter what I'm doing, if I'm connecting the phone back to computer through USB, instead charging routine and the access to the phone/card memory  it shows me that is connecting to the mediatek COM port no matter what I'm doing! Even more, if I'm starting again flashtool it still get in contact (check the snapshot attached) There is a trick to make it switch between USB-MASS and COM? Anyone met this situation or has any idea what is going on?

The watch is Iradish Y6, very similar with DT08 and so on

Thank you in advance for your support!

Views: 566

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I managed to fix my watch phone, first of all, guys, when you play with Mediatek SP FlashTool be very cautious with Memory Test stuff, use of NOR or NAND procedures JUST IF is really needed and never before to create a backup! These algorithms are testing your memory writing over your precious system files some senseless patterns and your phone will... die! I learned this in the hard way...

Now, about how I fixed my very bricked watch-phone Iradish Y6 - checking Joe's youtube collection caught my attention his GT08 phone, this watch, more specific its UI, at first sight was looking like mine... I started to check deeper and... only difference was the size... lucky me, I discovered somewhere a full GT-08 firmware - for you guys I have uploaded this stuff here - next step, I have made a fresh install using MTK FlashTool v5.1320.00, it works like a charm, GT-08 and Iradish Y6 are perfect clones, next thing (don't forget the last but not the least step!), I had to write down in my phone the original IMEI, nothing easier, using SN Write Tool  - can be found here - just don't forget, before anything, set in <System Config> the database path (BPLGUI file, it is part of the firmware kit) and... TADAAAA, the phone is alive!

Hope it helps!

You stepped your foot all the way in n't you!?...Great job and thank you for your contribution to JTR knowledge Base.

...So you actually have GT-08 firmware in your Y6 , right... this is great. You are Now a JTR expert!

thanks again

joe
Petre said:

I managed to fix my watch phone, first of all, guys, when you play with Mediatek SP FlashTool be very cautious with Memory Test stuff, use of NOR or NAND procedures JUST IF is really needed and never before to create a backup! These algorithms are testing your memory writing over your precious system files some senseless patterns and your phone will... die! I learned this in the hard way...

Now, about how I fixed my very bricked watch-phone Iradish Y6 - checking Joe's youtube collection caught my attention his GT08 phone, this watch, more specific its UI, at first sight was looking like mine... I started to check deeper and... only difference was the size... lucky me, I discovered somewhere a full GT-08 firmware - for you guys I have uploaded this stuff here - next step, I have made a fresh install using MTK FlashTool v5.1320.00, it works like a charm, GT-08 and Iradish Y6 are perfect clones, next thing (don't forget the last but not the least step!), I had to write down in my phone the original IMEI, nothing easier, using SN Write Tool  - can be found here - just don't forget, before anything, set in <System Config> the database path (BPLGUI file, it is part of the firmware kit) and... TADAAAA, the phone is alive!

Hope it helps!

Yes, it was a big step (very interesting one) for an entry level like me, thank you much for your kind words!

- about the firmware posted above - I took a look inside the ROM code, found there lots of *# stuff #

switch language pack keys:

- *#0044#, *#0033#, *#0034#, *#0351#, *#0039#, *#0033#, *#0049#, *#0090#, *#0007#, *#0966#, *#0098#, *#0066#, *#0095#,

tech keys - untested yet - so be cautious:

- *#66*#, *#3366*#, *#0000#, *#6810#, *#0090#, *#931#, *#0351#, *#902#, *#932#, *#903#, *#0033#, *#933#, *#5566183#, *#83093#, *#0034#, *#1234#, *#0044#, *#28144#, *#0095#, *#28146#, *#0066#, *#0007#, *#87#, *#0039#, *#0049#, **042*, **052*, **04*, **05*

tech keys - tested:

- *#3646633# - engineering menu

- *#63342835# - displays mediatek logo

- *#8375# - software info

These codes are meant to work for GT-08 firmware <X9_PCB01_gprs_MT6260_S00.KCT_X9_GT08_LANGB>, but they may work for other firmwares or other brands of smart-watches as well, it worth a try!

Joseph C. Grange Jr. said:

You stepped your foot all the way in n't you!?...Great job and thank you for your contribution to JTR knowledge Base.

thanks again

joe

Well done Petre, as Joe said, you really have jumped in with both feet. I hope all is working ok now.

Hi Paul, yes, everything is working flawless now, yet I didn't stop digging, after all, what can get wrong? A full reflash takes me less than 5 minutes, hope soon I'll come up with palpable informations and my humble opinions about the chinese way of putting things together when is about a watch phone

As any miracle does not keep more than three days my watchphone couldn't keep being a phone more than 3 weeks... Out of the blue stopped to work as standalone phone, it doesn't find any networks showing me a continuous <No service> message , most probably the antenna terminal chip is "burned" or something like that, if you guys know more about this issue let me know!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Joseph C. Grange Jr..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service